Best Viking Hairstyle Trends For Men 2023
Vikings were known for their long hair and beards, which they styled in a variety of ways. Here are some of the most attractive Viking hairstyles for men:
- Long, Braided Hair: Long, braided hair was a popular Viking hairstyle. The hair was often braided in multiple strands and adorned with beads and rings.
2. Shaved Sides with Long Hair on Top: This style involves shaving the sides of the head and leaving the hair on top long. The hair can be styled in various ways, including braids, twists, and top knots.
3. Half-Shaved Head: The half-shaved head hairstyle involves shaving one side of the head and leaving the other side long. The long hair can be styled in various ways, such as braids, ponytails, and top knots.
4. Top Knot: The top knot involves tying the hair on the top of the head into a knot. The hair can be left loose or braided before tying it into a knot.
5. Short Hair with Shaved Sides: This hairstyle involves keeping the hair on top short and shaving the sides of the head. The hair on top can be styled in various ways, such as spiked, slicked back, or combed over.
6. Viking Undercut: This hairstyle involves keeping the hair long on top and shaving the sides and back of the head. The hair on top can be styled in various ways, such as braids, twists, and top knots.
How Do You Do Viking Hairstyle?
There are many ways to create a Viking hairstyle, depending on the specific style you are looking to achieve. Here are some general steps for creating a basic Viking hairstyle:
- Grow your hair: Viking hairstyles often involve long hair, so you will need to grow your hair out to a length that can be styled.
2. Section your hair: Depending on the style you want to achieve, you may need to section your hair. For example, if you want to create braids, you will need to section your hair into strands.
3. Apply hair wax or pomade: To help hold the style in place, apply a hair wax or pomade to your hair. This will also give your hair a matte finish, which is typical of Viking hairstyles.
4. Braid your hair: Braids were a popular Viking hairstyle, so you may want to braid your hair into multiple strands. You can create a basic three-strand braid, or try more intricate styles such as fishtail or Dutch braids.
5. Use hairpins and accessories: To keep your hairstyle in place, use hairpins and other accessories such as beads, rings, or leather straps. These can be woven into your braids or used to secure other styles.
6. Maintain your hair: Viking hairstyles require maintenance to keep them looking their best. This may include regular trims to keep split ends at bay, as well as conditioning treatments to keep your hair healthy.
Remember that Viking hairstyles were often elaborate and intricate, so don’t be afraid to experiment with different styles and techniques to find the look that works best for you.
How To Maintain Viking Hairstyles
Maintaining a Viking hairstyle can be challenging, as many styles require long hair and intricate braiding. However, with the right products and care, you can keep your Viking hairstyle looking its best. Here are some tips for maintaining your Viking hairstyles:
1. Keep your hair clean: Wash your hair regularly with a gentle shampoo and conditioner to keep it clean and healthy. This will also help prevent the buildup of products and oils that can weigh down your hair.
2. Use the right products: Use a hair wax or pomade to help hold your style in place. Look for products that are specifically formulated for long hair, and avoid products that contain harsh chemicals that can damage your hair.
3. Protect your hair from damage: Long hair is more prone to damage from heat styling and environmental factors. Avoid using hot tools like straighteners and curling irons, and protect your hair from sun and wind damage by wearing a hat or scarf.
4. Trim your hair regularly: Frequent trims can help split ends and keep your hair looking healthy. Aim to trim your hair every 6 to 8 weeks, or as demanded.
5. Conditioning your hair exertion treatments can help keep your hair soft and smooth, making it easier to style. Use a deep conditioning treatment once a week, or as required.
6. Be gentle with your hair: Viking hairstyles often involve intricate braids and twists, which can be rough on your hair. Be gentle when styling your hair, and avoid pulling or tugging on your hair excessively.
By following these tips, you can keep your Viking hairstyle looking its best and maintain healthy, strong hair.